ABOUT US

In 1958, White County Government Employees Credit Union was formed under a state charter. This allowed our field of membership to be open to state and government employees in White County. The U.S. Post Office was instrumental in this formation.

On May 15, 1958, minutes of the first board meeting reflected ten members were approved for membership, total loans of $800, assets of $1,881.69, and expenses of $13.35 with a net loss of ($13.55). By the end of 1958, our membership had grown to 37 members. Dividends were calculated manually and the staff was on a voluntary basis with no salary paid. We now employ a staff of 7 full-time employees.

The credit union was located at 600 North Walnut Street, which was adjoining the garage of Carl Wilson's home. In 1978, it was moved to 607 N. Walnut St. By May of 1980, the credit union moved to 602 N. Walnut St., and was fondly referred to as the "little yellow house." It stayed there for approximately 20 years until July 2000 when we moved into our new building at 508 W. Beebe Capps, Searcy, AR 72143.

In 1992, we became federally chartered and our name changed to White County Federal Credit Union. Some of the changes that have occurred over the years have been the ability to open our doors to serve several other groups, who otherwise would not have been able to enjoy the services of a credit union on their own, the addition of Share Certificate and Share Draft Accounts and the merger of Moark Federal Credit Union.

Today we serve approximately 2,338 members and have $13 Million Dollars in assets.

In 2013, we expanded our building doubling our square footage. Included in the expansion was a completely new lobby area, a lending office, and a new drive-thru system.

White County Federal Credit Union diligently continues to grow and strive to meet the needs of our members!